IRA Charitable Rollover
The IRA charitable rollover is now permanent and is a terrific way to make a tax-free gift to Breakthrough Urban Ministries using your qualified retirement plan. This gift may also satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD).
How Do I Qualify?
- You must be 70 ½ years old or older at the time of the gift
- Gifts must go directly from your IRA to Breakthrough
- Gifts must come from an IRA account
- Gifts cannot exceed $100,000 per donor
Benefits of an IRA Charitable Rollover
- Gift Gifts can satisfy your RMD without increasing your income taxes
- You will not pay taxes on your IRA withdrawal when gifted to Breakthrough
- You may direct your gift to a educational program of your choice
- It is a wonderful way to create an immediate impact in the lives of students and their families
Our Office of Planned Giving can provide you with a letter to send to your IRA administrator to make an IRA charitable rollover. If you are interested in making such a gift or would like more information, please contact:
773-346-1739 | email@example.com